Need to pull the trigger quicker? We mean on your Ruger 10/22! This kit will change your 3 or 4 pound trigger break to as low as 1 3/4 pounds of clean break. We estimate this should be about a 20 minute upgrade job. So don't blow it. The kit should come with the following parts: KIDD hammer with fitted bushings on either side and fitted pin as well as the KIDD sear, Kidd disconnect, KIDD trigger blade assembly with disconnected pin, overtravel adjustment screw, sear pin and slay sear pin for ease of assembly. You don't need to take apart anything that is already put together in the kit. Here is what you need to do... Ready, Set, ...... GO!
1. First, you must remove the trigger assembly from the receiver.
2. Click safety off to fire. With hand over hammer, de-cock the hammer. Pull hammer forward to remove hammer strut spring assembly.
3. Remove upper ejector and bolt hold open pin to release bolt hold open spring and ejector. Slightly push magazine latch pin enough to release bolt hold open. (Magazine latch pin may easily fall out.) After removing bolt hold open, slide pin back in to keep magazine latch secured. Push hammer pin out to remove hammer and spring.
4. Place trigger guard upside down on a flat surface. Hold back trigger blade as you slide out trigger pin with the other hand. (Holding trigger blade back keeps plunger spring from flying out.) Flip trigger guard back over. Trigger should only have safety, magazine latch and magazine latch plunger intact.
1. While holding plunger in place, drop trigger unit in guard with trigger blade on the bottom. Align the trigger pivot hole with the slay pin. (Slay pin is the small pin within the drop in trigger unit.) Using the smaller dowel pin provided, slide into trigger pivot hole removing slay pin. (Slay pin should also easily slide out.)
2. To install hammer, place spring over bushing on right side of hammer with crooked end of spring on top and slide into guard with the groove facing down. Slide in larger dowel pin provided to secure hammer in place.
3. Slightly slide out magazine latch pin to replace bolt hold open. Slide spring over so that the crooked end lands on top of bolt hold open. Pull hammer forward to drop in hammer spring with the retainer end going into hole in rear end of trigger guard (slit facing up). Cock hammer into place. Put safety on.
4. Push down straight end of spring to slide in dowel pin while also putting ejector back into place. Trigger is ready to be installed back into receiver.